Friday 28 March 2014

KAYLENE: The sad truth. A little in my opinion...

It has been ridiculously busy for me as we have been shorthanded (temporary) The moment I touched down from the airport, I rushed to shop to fix up my new mannequins (love love love them) and tried on the bras. Was very impressed with the quality of the bras as they are in my opinion very comfortable and didnt bite into my flesh. I didnt really think so much about issues on ladies looking for plus size bras until I personally served the girls and they told me many awful stories about the bra hunt in the regular shops.

To be brutally honest, I have stopped looking at bras in Singapore or even Asia for a looong looong time. When I was in London a few years back, I stocked up on bras and sports bras and shortly after I had two opportunities to travel to USA and I stocked up even more bras then. I had enough bras to last me for a good two years. So it was really to my horror when I started selling these bras to the customers when they tell me about their horrid experience in buying bras in Singapore or Asia. How did this topic was even raised up during our conversation? You will be surprised....

It started really simple and innocent when MOST CUSTOMERS that walked in were looking for 90DD or 90DDD bras. I was so puzzled that HOW was it possible that all these pretty girls has a 90 band when I am a 90 band? My ribcage is really small compared to most of my customers and I was scratching my head when I looked closer. It then was revealed that because in the market, only 90 bands are available if not rare. 95 bands are the rarest of the rare and one even told me that the bras hurt so much till they have bruises on the side. She showed me the permanent scaring from wearing these terrible bras and I was mortified. I was upset to know that the salesgirls in departmental stores often sell them wrong size and conveniently tell them to put on extensions to fit the 'babies'. I was told that she has to put 2 extensions instead because it was simply near impossible to find her size. My heart bled and blamed myself for not bringing in such a NEED item into the shop any earlier. Well, to be fair to me, I did go on a hunt for good bra suppliers for our girls. But I was extremely picky. This 'picky attitude' took my 3 years of search until I met Miss Dora. God has been so kind for me to know her and today the bras have reached the shop and I can cater to these desperate girls.

I now am proud to say that KAYLENE has launched bras for the plus size girls. And I am proud to say that these bras are comfortable and fits each body well. Tonight, despite the pain on my back and a stress ulcer developed in  my throat, I am VERY PROUD to own KAYLENE, very proud that I can service to these girls, a need item that they have been discounted for. (let me emo for a while, fatigue seeping in)

For those who are curious on why I am so proud of these bras, you gotta come down to shop to try it and to judge it for yourself! I have done a banner on guides to how to get the measurement (yeah, NO MORE 90DD or 90DDD hor)



Weeeeeekend is here! Enjoy!

Love
K

No comments:

Post a Comment