Thursday 20 March 2014

Blog: Well written article!

Was doing my usual round of my reading on various bloggers from all over the world. ( I have more than 50 bloggers and more than 10 fashion websites I visit weekly) I found a really interesting article written by Shay. The header was really intriguing hence I decided to take a closer look on what Shay wished to tell us. The title of the blog was 'Open Letter to Plus Size Women; Stop Complaining About Price'. Well, the title was jackpot! As a indie designer/retailer in this plus size industry, I was OFTEN compared to the petite clothing range and commented how can plus size be so expensive when it is just 2 pieces of cloth and 1 button sewn together. Times like this, I will smile and lay low on my comments. I find it hard to explain to them when their ears have already blocked shut. This is one of the downs in service line and I have learnt not to take things too hard.

This article is about Shay 'defending' plus size designers on their pricing and consumers wanting quality clothings but refuse to pay the price.Her logic on pricing and designer pieces were spot on and yeah, I love it when she mentioned respecting the others who will pay items from Target (like our Giant or Carrefour in the US) instead of purchasing designer pieces. Well said Shay! You as consumer has spoken up for the designers who did work hard to give the best to the consumers!

To read up more on the blog, kindly go to 
http://www.athickgirlscloset.com/2014/03/open-letter-to-plus-size-women-stop.html

I am Kayde and I am a plus size blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment