Tuesday 25 March 2014

Fashion: Isabel Toledo X Lane Bryant

After much careful thought and discussion, I think it is time for me to introduce more plus size designer brands so that you girls have more option to having beautiful clothes. The articles I contribute I hope, will be unbiased and fair to each designer.Today I will talk about


As mentioned in previous post on me reading up approx 60 articles weekly related to plus size fashion, I recently read an article on a collaboration of Isabel Toledo and Lane Bryant. Prior to reading this, I also saw alot of up and coming designers making plus size more 'upmarket-ish' and lo and behold, I am very intrigued and inspired by their designs. I love the idea that the industry are starting to understand that WE PLUS SIZE girls have the earning power and equal immaculate taste for fashion and not limited to drapey and ill cutting apparels. I am so excited and see some light on the future of designers for plus size.


My thoughts of the collection...
L.O.V.E yo! Its very classy and sleek. Chic yet girly. Wah~~ the next time I get to USA (I dont like buying online) I hope I will have a change to buy a piece of her clothing. Designers should support each other yo! My personal favourite is the Embriodered Eyelet Long Jacket and Necklace Tee I nearly fainted when I saw the Necklace Tee. A couple of month ago, I wanted to design a necklace tee that LOOK LIKE THAT for an upcoming collection. I had to put on hold as the fabric chosen wasnt suitable and I had to scrap this design. An irony, to my horror and delight, I was surprised tt a design so similar to mine had been done faster than me and delight that from a designers point of view I am pretty much 'on the right track' Mine design is alot more colourful though, with K instead of LB (Lane Bryant) BUMMER! but then again I am very happy. Really glad that I am thinking more like a designer now than just a retailer. Woohoo! There are alot more super duper pretty items I love but they are not available in their first launch, so for those who are in love with their items, may have to wait till later date for their 2nd launch.

They had a launch and fashion show a couple nights ago and it seemed like a success! Congratulations Lane Bryant! Hope to see you girlies again in New York and have a great catching up!

Till the next article! 
Love
K




No comments:

Post a Comment