Wednesday 26 March 2014

Fashion: Of Whonder

Oh Whonder Whonder! (did it deliberate)



Chanced this new designer label for plus size during one of the article reads. Of Whonder is a founded by Miss Carmencita and seems quite new to the industry unlike Lane Bryant with very strong history backed up. For this first collection, their focus and selling point will be the choice of fabrics, textures and the clean straight lines making each unique. I love the idea that the items are cut and sewn in New York, and their first collection is actually a capsule collection! I have dreamed of doing a capsule collection but not now.. KAYLENE is not ready to do a capsule collection consisting of 15 classic pieces. One day we will! One day!


Their styles are very clean and straight forward and somehow I feel that each item screams 'Power Up Girls!' to me. The styles if you ask me does exudes this sophisticated edge to the plus size girls. The end result is very clear and strong. Love love love.


My personal favourite? Definitely the Assymetric Top. I zoomed in to see the complexity of this lovely blouse. Unless I have a high budget to make this blouse, I dont think any regular factory can execute similar piece like this. Just purely by looking at the workmanship, I think their pricing is pretty justified. Will KAYLENE be ever able to reach similar standard and respect from the plus size industry? I sure hope soooooo.....

Have a good day ahead!
an old picture with Whitney Thompson, pretty isnt she!


No comments:

Post a Comment