Wednesday 21 November 2012

Guess what Mr Ling sent me!

Olla! Received a link from Mr Ling and thought I should share this with you girls...

http://www.lifehack.org/articles/lifestyle/7-makeup-techniques-to-make-you-look-slim.html

Now, let me just add on a few more of my opinion for this 7 tips... I think this article is very well written! I think its super easy to follow and yes! we can look slimmer too!!!

Makeup can be a powerful tool in helping you look slim. Just look at any celebrity. Most do not look like they do on their own. Their makeup and hair really change how their faces look and draw attention to their best features. You can use some of the same tricks to make your face appear thinner. Try some of the following techniques next time you apply makeup and watch the magic happen.

Makeup techniques help you look slim

I. Choose the right brow shape
Your brows can actually play a big part in how slim or heavy your face looks. Your eyebrows should be substantial, but not thick, and have a defined arch in the middle. Arched brows help lift the face and make your face look slimmer. Color in your brows with a shade of makeup slightly darker than your natural brow to help them stand out.

K: I must admit, I am not a brow person. But I have actually witness customers who will go bleach or dye their brows to make them look more define. Times like this, please go to a professional. try Browhaus and ask them for advice. you will be surprised how refresh you look after you trim and shape those brows and even colour them!
 
II. Cover eye circles
Eye circles can have a weighty effect on how you look. Cover under eye circles with concealer to hide them and blend your eyelids into the rest of your face. You can also add a white eye shadow or highlighter to the outside and inside corners of your eyes to help them stand out. When your eyes stand out in a good way, rather than stand out because of dark circles, your face automatically looks slimmer.

K: Oh yeah, this I totally endorse! this is very important! Believe it or not, I was once famous for not having dark eye circles when I was alot younger. But alas! This compliment did not last long as I started working and late nights as well as facing computer all the time somehow make my dark circles appear. I tried putting on makeup without applying concealor on my dark circles but the results is upsetting. Just go to any regular reliable makeup retailor and ask them for a concealor. and SEE the DIFFERENCE instantly!
 
III. Experiment with blush placement
Most people should use a blush with a slight brown undertone for best results. Blushes with red undertones can actually make the face look heavier than it is. Apply your blush just under the cheekbone and sweep it from bone to the middle of each ear. Apply lightly, to avoid looking like a clown.

K: The idea of putting on blusher is to make sure your face has a nice 3D effect and not flat like a pancake. Putting on blusher must be subtle yet visable to give this nice healthy glow on your cheeks. 
 
IV. Play up eyes
The more you play up your eyes, the slimmer your face will look. It is true, that when the eye is distracted by beautiful eyes, it does not pay attention to body issues. Use eyeliner and mascara that make your eyes appear larger, and use eye shadow that works well with your skin tone and eye color. Blue eyes look great with gold or pink shadows. Green eyes stand out with copper or plum shades. Brown eyes pop with blue, teal, and purple.

K: oh yeah, many of you should know by now that not only I have a pair of super tiny eyes, I also have PUFFY ones. HUMPH! so I deal with it by spending more time with my eye makeup. I usually put a eye primer as base, go over with a light shade eyeshadow as a proper base. Then I will put on liquid or gel/pot eyeliner to define my eyes first. After that then I will put on my dark brown or black eyeshadow to make my eyes look bigger. Then, falsies up to make my eyes look bigger and more 'alert' and lastly end it with appylying eyeliner at my lower eyelids. I do go to youtube.com to check out on makeup tips. For my eyes, I did a search on 'mono eyelids makeup tips"  

V. Apply bronzer correctly
One trick to using makeup to look slimmer is to use bronzer correctly to lift weight off of your face. Apply a light layer of bronzer on the jaw line to slightly darken the area. Blend the bronzer into your makeup so you do not look like you are growing a beard. Apply a slightly darker layer of bronzer under your jaw. This will draw the eye away from any weight that you carry under the neck and can actually help you look about 10 pounds lighter.

VI. Try highlighter
Add a touch of light highlighter to the tops of your cheek bones, the center of your nose, and your forehead. This will help elongate the face and make your entire body look lifted and lighter.

K: For this 2 mentioned above, its what we call it as contouring. It is definitely a skill to master BUT it is definitely the most effective tips amongs the rest to make your face look slimmer. I do get lazy at times but I will definitely spend more time on contouring when I have a special event to attend to. You will be amazed on how beautiful you will look in photos!
 
VII. Pink lips
Dark lips can actually cause you to look heavier. A light pink lip is one of the best colors for making a face look light and lips look full. Nude colors tend to make the lips look thin. A pink lip color that works with your skin tone is one of the best makeup tools you can have to help you look slim

K: I havent really try this yet and I am definitely going to try this tomorrow!

If you follow all of these steps, you will create a makeup routine that will leave you feeling confident, slim, and beautiful. In just a few minutes, you can go from looking blah to fabulous with just a few sweeps of a makeup brush.

So girls, STOP hiding your beautiful face and use your hair to cover those beautiful feature! You deserved to be noticed too! So try these! Be amazed by this 7 simple steps!

**Thank you Mr Ling for sending this tips to me. BTW, you are not hinting to me that I am not doing enough to make my face looks prettier and slimmer right? Kidding! I know you want me to share this article with the rest of our customers!

Love
K





No comments:

Post a Comment