Wednesday 18 June 2014

What's up with my (and your) body?

I have been getting comments on how bloated I have become and what's with the weight gain and seriously this is annoying me to bits!!!
Ah ha! Before I get you into thinking that I am not a true blue advocate for plus size, allow me to explain. After my detailed explanation,  you decide if my sudden weight gain is indeed frustrating.
Many many many people tells me that they are appalled and curious on the food intake I chomp on daily. While it is not unusually little,  my portions are... normal. I eat just like my petite friends (1 portion) and I have drastically cut down on my alcohol intake (I mean like I haven't feast on wine or beer for 2 years?) I really do eat normal you know! I do not add 50 cent rice or add an extra soup on top of my meals. Just.one.blardy.portion. If that is the case, where did I go wrong?



With regards to health issues, my gynae did diagnose me with PCOS and yeah it kinda sucked. This "woman problem" causes increase in weight and loads of other nitty issues. But from the bottom of my heart, I am really fine with it. I learnt to accept that I am not 100% fit like any other ladies (actually many many many girls suffer from PCOS or anything related to women's health) I am really acceptive of my body and I try my best to keep this temple as healthy as possible. In short, despite my body not being in her 100% state, I am really very happy. But not th recent days with my sudden bloating and hence the increase in weight. 


Many people surrounding me noticed my change in body and they told me to ask for doctors opinion. I honestly tell you, I really hate the idea of going to see the doctor ( I mean, I got no time la! But no excuses!) BUT I told myself that I will be going deeper into investigating what is going on with my body but before I do that, I decided to just be brave and tell you girls. The main reason for me telling you girls is simply because I noticed that MANY MANY MANY girls (mostly plus size) are so unaware with their health and body and push it to laziness and because they are fat. Their low self esteem has caused them to ignore their own health. The constant scolding and nagging from others made them feel that dont even deserve to manage their health and body. THIS IS NOT TRUE! Plus size or not, short or tall, woman or men, we ALL need to understand our body well enough. I have been neglecting this important factor personally and I do not wish more of you to be in my shoes.

So tonight, I would like you to spend a little time with yourself and speak to your own body. Does this constant pimple outbreak on your face bothers you? Is it really normal? Did you ever question yourself on why your knees always hurt? What about that back ache you have been dealing for years? Arent you even bothered by the fact that you are constantly binging on those chips at night? And like myself, have you been putting on weight despite you trying your best to eat as healthy as possible? 

While most of us blames it on lack of exercise which honestly I AGREE, but is there more to that?

Go ahead, take some time today and ask yourself what is going on?

I wish you all good health, good wealth tonight! While you are figuring out the issues you are currently facing like me, do also remember to take some time off to accept who you are and that it is okay be where you are now....

I am Kayde and I am a plus size blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment