Sunday 29 June 2014

Plus size FASHION: Crop Top

I was doing my usual readings related to plus size and chanced upon a blogger in USA (Allison Teng : http://www.curvygirlchic.com/) on her 2nd adventure on crop top. I have been fiddling with the idea of dressing in crop top but of course, to find a nice design that flatters my body AND has to match a particular UBER cute skirt I got when I was in overseas. I havent got the crop top (yet) but was super intrigued by the recent fatshion out of Singapore and did some googling... boy, I was blown away...

FIRST up! There was a Crop Top Movement byStylish Curves (http://stylishcurves.com/join-the-movement-breaking-all-the-rules-plus-size-women-can-wear-crop-tops/) Breaking all rules in plus size fatshion was interesting as the idea was to encourage girls including plus size girls. We deserve to have some fun in fashion and we deserve to be taken notice for our styles as well.

Now I did more googling and found some really cute plus size trendsetters!









 

Our very own SINGAPORE plus size blogger! Aarti! Check out her blog by clicking here.
  photo lip-print-skirt-gabifresh-2_zpsfd91233c.jpg

(all images are from various bloggers, click onto the name and you will get to see their website/blog! Gabi Fresh, Allison Teng, Margie Plus, Stylish Curves, Nadia Aboulhosn, Garner Style, Aarti)

SO THE QUESTION WAS... How will I look in a crop top? Will I have the guts to wear this beautiful piece? How will I rock it? AND most importantly, will you girls be ready to try on this fatshion? I got inspired and I thought to myself; ' Hey Kayde, JUST DO IT. Being one of the leader in plus size, I just gotta give it a try... And yeah, I did 2 looks! 




 (ALL the outfits are sourced from different place as I wanted to try out these fashion 
to see if you girls can accept such styles.)

After viewing the images, I thought wearing crop top is actually quite okay! In fact I love it! I just need to pair of with a outer piece (my crop top is  spaghetti straps and I am not a fan of spaghetti straps) What do you think girls? Can you accept such styles? Tell us what you think! Lets have fun with fashion and show the rest of the world (plus size fatshion) that we can dress well too! 

Before I end off, I must confess that I ended wearing something simpler tt day as I had new stocks arriving in shop and I needed to be in my most comfy outfit. Hence my actual plus OOTD (outfit of the day) is like this :


I assure you that you will see me in a crop top soon! And when tt day comes, I will be posting the OOTD ! Have a great and fatbulous week ahead ladies!

You all ARE beautiful, I ASSURE YOU.

1 comment: