Sunday 29 June 2014

Blog: PINK DOT and FAT/WEIRD DOT

Yesterday was a very busy day for Prissy and myself as in the earlier day we went to Estrella's fabulous 30th and later in the day we rushed to Hong Lim Park to support our dear friends Des and Onn on Pink Dot.









Noticed I wore non pink white and red. With the recent issues with anti gay and religion hoo hah, I really didnt like the idea of such unecessary hoo hah. I honestly think God wants us to learn how to LOVE and EMBRACE each other and that includes our differences. It is human who twist and turn words and confuse the rest. *bummer*

Well, the event was a success and I must say I was overwhelmed. I thought to myself, there are so much love in this park at that very moment and everyone in the park embraced themselves for who they are and their friends. A thought flashed through my mind and I was thinking, if Pink Dot could do it, why cant plus size do similar event too? If only one day, there will be such meaningful event on raising awareness on fat shaming, mental disabilities, physical disabilities. I will definitely be the first few to take part in this event!

No comments:

Post a Comment