Wednesday 1 January 2014

Reflections.... 2013

Everytime this year, I will take some time off and rethink and reflect what had happened during the past 365 days. It is a usual habit that I did for the past 5 years as KAYLENE and naturally I would like to input my 6th entry too! Phew~~~ While sitting down in front of my desk and sipping my hot ginseng tea (gift from a friend) in my uber cute tea cup set (gift from my sissy) I got all emotional, mostly in a good way... I will recap a few important events that happened in KAYLENE and will also update the upcoming plans for KAYLENE in later posts...

in 2013...

KAYLENE did extremely well during the festive season and many customers really loved our designs with improved materials used and workmanship. It was really comforting when customers kept sending me text of encouragements and even deliberately popped by to shop JUST TO TELL US how much they appreciate us. Seriously love, we are very grateful. Its really nice to have encouraging comments and we will treasure every single one of them!

In JUNE, we took a serious plunge and went to NEW YORK for FULL FIGURED FASHION WEEK 2013. It was a very risky step we took as this project costed quite a wee bit and that to venture all the way to the 'unknown' and introduced KAYLENE to the Americans. We were so fortunate and had very warm welcome from them and we were praised from various media and magazines, bloggers from various countries like France, Australia, Costa Rica, Germany, London and many many more. Their feature cover about KAYLENE was really overwhelmiing. Very thankful indeed!

We were also featured in various media forms like Straits Times (Urban), Channel News Asia (OHMYGAWD!), Her World online, The New Paper and a couple more..... Really, what more can KAYLENE ask for?




We also met some SERIOUSLY famous bloggers in USA namely Gabi Fresh, Marie Denee ad Nikki Paterson. We also met the cover girl for EVANs too! So blessed




 Of course, KAYLENE would not shine so BRIGHTLY if there was no fabulous team from my frenmily. They consisted of really fabulous people who are extremely important in my life. They made me realise that I can move forward and push myself and reach out for the impossible. It was them who made me realise that I can do anything as long as I know its the right thing. They also made me realise that true love comes from all forms.. So blessed indeed. 


 I love you all, my frenmily. You have been a fantastic bunch of peepos and really extremely iimportant to me. Thank you for making my dreams come true for bringing KAYLENE known to USA. *hugs*

Once we settled back into Singapore, we got really busy and before you know it, we met Whitney Thompson from America's Next Top Model Season 10 winner!

Read the article: 






Oh btw, I have been following her via Instagram and found out that she is ENGAGED!!! so happy for her! Congratulations love!

In October, we received and email on requesting to film KAYLENE with Michelle TAY aka YIDALI for an upcoming program in Channel U. I nearly fainted! It was my dream come true for KAYLENE! I always wanted to be featured KAYLENE in a show in a primetime slot either on DA TEEVEEE! So blessed to receive the call and of course we say 'Sure!'

In December, KAYLENE turned 6 and to all the regulars customers and followers, KAYLENE has not forgotten about the charity drive we did in November. We just didnt had time to update you girls! So there, now I can update you on the charity drive as well as giving back to the society.

EVERY YEAR, we give back to the society in DECEMBER. It is an extremely meaningful one this year because we have split up the proceeds into 2 portions. One was to still proceed donation drive for LEE AH MOOI home for the Aged (we will do this in Jan 2014) For this drive, we are so happy to include my friends to participate in this wonderful cause. With friends help, we are able to chalk up more funds and get better and more food for the oldies in the home! So excited!

Now some of you girls will ask me 'So, you only mention half of the proceeds. Where did the rest go?' Well. SIMPLE. We did something really interesting on YOUR BEHALF! :) With portion of the sales money from you, we approached WORLD VISION and adopted 2 kiddos from LAOS! We just got info about them and we will be writing to them and tell them more about you as well as KAYLENE. Of course, we will send them stickers and some other items in which we believe they will like. ALL on your behalf! It is because of the wonderful support from you girls and 2 kids we adopted has a chance to have a better living because of US. *thumbs up, so proud of you girls!*


Once we settle down and are ready to mail them parcels filled with love, we will also include that you had been part of the donation scheme to give them a better life! We will for sure update you girls should they reply back to us! :)




PHEW! A handful of information! So yes, it has been a consistent or if not a good year for KAYLENE. We are so grateful for all the love and support showered on us. Thank you all for the love and we will work hard to return all the love showered upon us.

HAPPY 2014! In my next post, I will write about what I would like YOU TO DO in 2014. So stay tuned!

Love
K

No comments:

Post a Comment