Monday 26 August 2013

Blog: zoom into Japanese PLUS SIZE fashion.

I was recently introuduced to a japanese fashion magazine name La' Farfa by my admin girl Evelyn and I was so surprised to hear that it is actually a plus size magazine for the Japanese. First thought that I had was 'Oh man! ITS ABOUT TIME!!!! Finally a plus size magazine for the Asians!' I borrowed it and wanted to share with you some interesting outfits which I think you may be able to relate to.



 First thing I noticed is that japanese fashion is actually very conservative. They cover the arms and wear rather loose cut apparels. Well, if you ask me to compare our fellow plus size girls to the Japanese girls, I think we are on par! Hey we are fashionable too eh? I was smiling and was very pleased with myself and for the customers that our fashion sense is pretty much similar with the Japanese. Boy, KAYLENE did well! We managed to change alot of girls' wardrobe and yes I definitely see more confident plus size girls. Whee~~

But I did notice something which we may be a little weak in. Have you noticed that these girls are wearing TONS of colours and LOADED with a lot prints?







They do go for slightly baggy clothes to pair with their colours bottoms as their focal point. Although I am not a avid fan of loose baggy clothes (i prefer FIT and not tight nor too loose), I thought it is a good start to change our closet choice and I must applaud them for being so adventurous. The bottom line is to have fun with prints, look fabulous and yet comfy to step out of the house! 

Like the look they have? Me too! Its really very easy, always pair it with a classic piece if you feel afraid or shy for the first trial! It then dawned on me that hey KAYLENE has similar items too!


Modest dress but in fabulous prints......


Funky Bottoms and that is uber easy to matchy match!


Detailed Blouse that can be paired with a simple bottom...

All in all, The magazine gave me good insights of how plus size japanese girls dress up and BOY, I am so glad that finally there is a good magazine that caters to Asians. Oh! they even teach you how to put on make up (its so usefull as Japanese are like most of us... eh-hem single eyelids like me) DIY hairdos are good too! WOW...

To get hold of this mag is not that easy, you gotta call up Kinokuniya and request for this magazine and then they will order it for you and self collection when it arrives! So hope you girls will be more inspired to doll up as HEY, the plus size girls in JAPAN are 'rockin' it' and we should too!!!

Hey fellow plus size Singaporeans... lets ROCK the plus size scene with some really fab outfits too!!

I am Kayde and I am a Plus Size Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment