Friday 10 April 2015

When I made my second visit... and I wonder

Recently I went to a famous steamboat restaurant and the next I knew I was there for the 2nd time. I am quite a 'steamboat' person but never did I encounter being able to visit twice the reataurant in less than 10 days. In these 2 trips, I found really interesting bits and pieces on why this place has entranced me into going there and even looking forward to the 3rd visit! I would like to share my experience with you and perhaps you can guess which restaurant I am talking about!

During dinner, my girl and I were talking about the food and praising how this place never fail to amaze her each time and she even felt like she has betrayed the other steamboat place where she frequents TOO often hahaha. Then she asked me why she always feel happy sitting there and taking approx 2 hours (she did a mental note every time she visits there) and she feel extremely happy despite this restaurant is FAMOUS for at least 2-3 hours wait on a regular meal time hours. I thought about it and thought I would like to share with you why I think she will keep going there again and again and again....

First up, from the moment you step in the restaurant entrance, you will be pampered with snacks and BEST PART, comfy cozy seats that is not shared with others. It was indeed a bingo because most of the time, we are hungry hence we look for food. But we tend to give up after a wait because the rest of your friends will be too hungry to withstand another 2 hr wait. My girl and I were busy eating the snacks and were caught catching up with each other DESPITE seeing her almost weekly. We talked about things we seldom dwell into, and enjoyed the little titbits they offered. They were refillable and no extra charges. I like the idea that they were SO attentive till they have a manicure corner for the ladies and a playroom corner for kiddos. Can you imagine that? 

Shortly after we got our seat (which was 1.5hours wait, I mean, 1.5hrs of catching up instead of standing and hungry and feeling frustrated) and we were seated comfortably. We had cloth to clean our glasses, aprons to wear, covers to protect our bags and even a ziplock to cover my mobile phone! These little details literally won my heart because they really understood what we need and would like to have. And once these 'problems' are solved, we will naturally end up having an enjoyable meal! 

Just when I was leaving, I saw what I thought was the 'ULTIMATUM', a baby cot being push out because there was a sleeping baby from another table. OMGOSH... a baby cot? In a restaurant? Thumbs up man... and while witnessing this, it suddenly occured to me 'What will happen to the other restaurants of similar trade?' 

By the end of the meal, I left the place full belly and superbly satisfied. The price is on the higher side but I thought every cent was well spent. I thought about my experience and why I would like to go back there again (which I did in less than 10days) The quality of the food, the proper ventilation (no greasy smell after I left), the minute attentive little actions they provide, the awesome service they provide (they moved aside and bowed a little with arms stretched to a direction where I was heading to when they found out they had blocked me by accident) the baby cot (??!!! are you kidding me, in a restaurant!) All these adds up to leading customer loyalty. They are pricey yes I agree BUT if we look into the quality of food, you will agree it is well spent. These customers will come again because this place foresee beyond focusing only on fresh food. They focused on every other aspect on having an ideal dining experience and this if you ask me, makes a successful business and I am indeed impressed.

Now the question to you now is that 'What makes you go back to this place again?  Do you feel extremely in distressed when you visit a manicure or hair salon for they keep insisting on you buying products and how bad your nail or hair condition is? Do you like to feel special every time you visit a place and patronise at ease and comfort? Are you a price conscious person or you would like to feel special and pampered every time you do a visit? Do you believe in quality over price? What kind of service would you like to have?

I asked myself if I can ever achieve this and I try my best in every way we can for the business. I am very far behind this restaurant's business operation but I am willing to learn and change along the way. In a couple of weeks I told myself there ought to be some change for KAYLENE. I am still learning and I will continue to progress which is going to be exciting and I cant wait for all these to be able to happen....

And for those who are asking me if I will go to the restaurant again, my answer will be YES YES YES! I will continue to enjoy this place for it brings me comfort and feels like a VIP the moment I step in.

I am Kayde and I am a plus size blogger





No comments:

Post a Comment