Tuesday 17 September 2013

Blog: Cabiria- First Plus Size Line Featured in New York Fashion Week 2013

This post is considered a little old, and some of the fashionistas out there will prolly know and hear of the recent hype (yeayness for me!) on Cabiria designed by Eden Miller was invited to showcase their work as first plus size line in Mercedez-Benz NYFW. It was certainly a huge milestone and a big positive step for the fashion industry to include a plus size line to be showcased.

When I heard about it a couple of weeks ago, I got really excited and started doing research on this brand. Cabiria, I personally feel that they deserved to be side by side with brands like Betsey Johnson, BCBG Maxazria, Tommy Hilfiger and many many more. During the research on Cabiria, I was very happy to know that finally a plus size designer can stand beside the other brands with head up high, saying that they also do deserve a platform to be showcased. It was by accident that she was invited to showcase her work, reminded me that God always gives opportunities in very unique ways.  Now, about Cabiria, let me show you a couple of pictures...





All pictures are from Cabiria's blog http://cabiriastyle.blogspot.com

I quite like the style and elegance shown in each outfit and colours being injected into each piece was something I am inspired by. Looking through all the works and achievements Eden Miller and Cabiria has reminded me once again on why I chose to give up a comfortable pay check as a jewelry designer and take on this challanging road. I love making plus size girls feel confident through pretty clothes and in hope that they will appreciate and learn to accept their body, embrace their curves and lead a happy life.

I would like to take this time to congratulate Miss Eden Miller and Cabiria for making a history in the Mercedez-Benz fashion scene and that she will grow into greater heights! As for myself? Long long long time ago, I did put it out to the universe that I would like to be known better in the local fashion industry to be able to showcase our work in the local fashion scene... but until I am ready, an invitation to attend the show is more than enough for me~~

Have a great Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment