Thursday 26 March 2015

Curvy Couture Roadshow 2015

Hey ladies!! A good time for me to post some updates on the recent exciting happenings I had in Melbourne! Yeap, I have been so blessed to be able to attend to Curvy Couture Roadshow held in Melbourne! My girlfriends started planning for this trip and the next you know, the day has arrived!!!!

Before I start on talking about the fashion show held in a prime location where most girls across Australia can be able to visit, I must say we had a very enjoyable time in Melbourne! We are so thankful with the bessings we have received from God and that everything was smooth sailing! Thank you God for the wonderful experience! Thank you Melbourne for being such an awesome place to be in!

Now back to the show...

We were a little worried on what to expect when 4 Asians were seated on the 1st row to view the showcase. But what surprised us much was that many walked up to us and introduced themselves to us and were extremely friendly towards us. I loved that ALL of them had heard about Singapore and some bloggers came up to me and told me that they remember and know KAYLENE for they were also in FFFWeek 2013 or they follow the indie designers across the globe. That definitely has put a smile on my face as it clearly showed that the hardwork we had put in KAYLENE has paid off. Many commented on the dress I wore and how much it flattered on my body. My smile was wide when I proudly told them it was from my recent New Year Collection. Yeap, I was proud of my designs...






As for the showcase, there were a couple of very very very good designers who showcased their work in this event. A total of 18 brands which includes my dear friends like Seraphim, Pho Sizzle and acquaintance Huudaverti when we met in USA. These ladies rock the stage with signature pieces which spoke truly of their style and character. 

Phosizzle Thread
 


 
isnt Jac a lovely sweetheart?

Seraphim



(all images are taken from Curvy Couture Fanpage. For more images and info of the event, kindly go to www.facebook.com/curvycoutureroadshow)
One of my favourite other than my girlies showcase is none other than Meri by Design. Their designs were clean and sharp with the pieces that has superb workmanship and tailoring per design is to the T. I love their work so much! A pity I couldnt visit their store in Sydney but I told myself, oneday I will find a chance to visit their store and grab a couple of items. I did manage to get something from them though, it was a very pretty leather bracelet. It amazes me on how much they can do and have done selling not just apparels but also acessories like necklaces and rings to sunny shades and handbags. I do not have much info about this company yet, but from the way I see, they must be pretty big in Australia! 



(all images are taken from Curvy Couture Fanpage. For more images and info of the event, kindly go to www.facebook.com/curvycoutureroadshow)
The icing of the cake was definitely being able to meet Tess Holliday in person when she graced the event. It was such an honour to be in the same event with her and I must say, she is a real stunner! She is very friendly and loves to take excellent pictures and yes, we love her to bits too!! We were telling her how much the girls in Singapore love her and she coyly said Thank you and mentioned in future should there be work opportunities, she will not hesitate to visit Singapore! Woooot~~~

In designs wise, it was certainly an eye opener for us as to see how Australian designers have similar directions and styling like KAYLENE. The style they gear towards is all about embracing curves with a touch of taste, always exploring possibilities of creating visual slimming effects which is KAYLENE's forte! This certainly gives me hope that we will be able to tap into the market when the right opportunity strikes! You never know right, one can be hopeful?? :)


Karen and myself with TESS HOLLIDAY! Such a gorgeous lady
 Alrighty! I hope you enjoyed my summary on Curvy Couture Roadshow 2015! I hope I will be able to go next year and have a 2nd round of fun and making more new friends! Have a wonderful week ladies!

With sexy Jen from Seraphim... isnt she HAWT in her self designed dress?

Love love love!
K

1 comment: