Wednesday 20 November 2013

Blog: My 25 mins make up routine

disclaimer:

1) I AM NOT A MAKE UP ARTIST, I AM NOT A PROFESSIONAL. SOME MAKE UP ARTISTS WILL PROLLY STRANGLE ME FOR NOT DOING THE STEP BY STEP REGIME. I CANNOT CARE LESS SIMPLY BECAUSE....

2) I AM REALLY LAZY AND IF YOU WERE MY NEIGHBOUR AT MY MAMA'S HOUSE, YOU WILL CONSTANTLY HEAR SCREAMS FROM MA THAT WHY I DO NOT PRESENT MYSELF PROPERLY LIKE A GIRL. AND EVER SINCE RUNNING 2 BUSINESS...

3) I AM ALWAYS IN A RUSH FOR TIME NO MATTER HOW EARLY I WAKE UP. HENCE I 'DEVELOPED' A 25 MINUTES MAKE UP ROUTINE SO THAT I WILL NOT MESS UP MY APPOINTMENTS.

Okay, with all the mentioned disclaimer I can write the blog post up. IF in any case I have done anything wrong with the 'make up step by step' theory, pardon me. I am just trying to get the most using the least time.

It all happened a couple of days ago when I was highlighted by customer that she will never be able to wake up and look fresh and presentable for work. Another highlighted to me (a while back) that how come I can look presentable and never seemed to take too much effort on make up. I thought about it and decided to just tell you girls step by step on how I managed to get all these done in 25 mins. I did HESITATE for a while because I am embaressed to show my bare face on the internet with possibly hundreds of people reading this post. I was also ashamed as I am not a professional and STIL wanna give 'tutorial?' Then I thought, 'Heck, my intention is genuine and I am not hurting anyone so why not?

Okay, take a breather girls... a photobomb on selfies taken using natural lights and no photoedittig.

left: Bare faced, out from the bathroom.
right: I put on eye concealer around my eyes and used a brush to put on foundation that I got from Make Up Forever.
Their HD foundation is good!

I put on eyeliner and I tend to let my 'tips' fly to make my eyes look bigger

I added eyeline on the bottom of the eyelids and added eyeshadow. I do blend the colours well so that it wont look 'choppy' I use the Naked Palette by Urban Decay. SUPER!

I added darker hues at the outer of my eyelids and put on falsies. The falsies I use daily are from short to long for a natural effect. I prefer to look natural than to look like wayang-ish


I do contour my face to make myself look more 3-D and not like a flat bread. I use Make Up Forever's contouring palette

left: my face is done!I will sprage 'All Nigher' from Urban Decay to make sure my make up stays the whole day  right: I do a quick blow dry on my hair. TADAH! i am done and I can head out.

before and after. not that difficult right?

The bottom line to getting good make up results is using the right products and using the right tools. I either ask friends who are in the make up industry for advice or I just walk up to any sephora staff for help. Tell them your budget and the best they can offer to you with your request. sometimes they can even give you addtional tips!

Ok ladies! All done in 25 mins!




No comments:

Post a Comment