Wednesday 2 July 2014

Fashion: YAY OR NAY? Prabal Gurung's Resort 2015 Collection

O.M.GOSH~ Prabal Gurung has done it again~ I was browsing through his recent collection (Resort 2015) and I was blown away! I love the clothes so much and I am so inspired by him!!!!

Some of you may know by now that he is one of my favourite designer (maybe because he is born in Singapore la) as well as VB and Temperly London the list goes one... I personally feel that we have a similar style as we both are into structured designs and pushing the fashion edge a bit here and there. Of course he is a international designer whereas for me I only dare to classify myself as a independent (self taught) designer. I PUT IT OUT TO THE UNIVERSE! One day I will see him in person and tell him how much I love his work. Singapore!! Will you ever accept KAYLENE as part of Audi Singapore Fashion Festival?

Well, was looking at the recent collection and something caught my attention. I promise you that I DID not copy the design, the design I did was planned in March and I only saw the design today.

** ALL images other than from KAYLENE are from Prabal Gurung's Resort 2015 Collection
 and I had something well, sort of SIMILAR!!!

Okay la! I get it, its a tad similar only but hey! the high low and the past thigh part is so similar right! Naturally Prabal Gurung's piece is WAY WAY nicer. But regardless what I am proud of myself that I in some way are heading to designer pieces instead of just a retailer.

I have more pictures of his Resort 2015 Collection and cant wait to show you! Tell me (via here or in Facebook www.facebook.com/kayleneonline)

YAY OR NAY? With such strong geometric sillouettes and contrasting colours, will you girls love it? Tell us!!

This blew me away... If this was in plus size, I will save up and eat bread for 6 months to buy this dress! Whats your take girls? Can you accept it? For me, I absoulutely LOVE THIS PIECE

The shoulder area is so divine... gosh~~~~

Another piece in my sketches that I did somewhat 'same same but different' I will never dare to be compare myself with Prabal Gurung yo~

Isnt this so cute? The piece is fierce yet girly... GOSH~




Come to think about it, Prabal Gurung's designs are rather suitable for plus size right!

So tell me! Are you digging these pieces as much as I do? Tell us! YAY OR NAY?

No comments:

Post a Comment