Wednesday 16 July 2014

Blog: The 'F' word... I didnt see anything that says...

 
 
Was having a conversation with my team members in office and one mentioned to me about the word 'FAT. She was telling me how this word has been so cursed by the society and the moment it is said to any person, the poor child gets emotionally upset and wrecked. However, for the 3 of us in the office, when we were discussing about the cursed 'F' word, none of us felt disgusted or upset. We are generally okay with the word simply because... We Are Fat! Maybe because we each have our strong support system, and we have wonderful family to stood by us and love us beyond the weighing scale. But the convo lingers quite a bit, and hence I decided to google the 'F' word and found something interesting...
 
THE DEFINITION OF  
'FAT' DOES NOT MEAN THAT YOU ARE UGLY OR LAZY.
 
Not sure what I mean? Here, let me show you... 
 
FAT
( reference from: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/fat  )

[fat] Show IPA
adjective, fat·ter, fat·test.
 
1.having too much flabby tissue; corpulent; obese: a fat person.
2.plump; well-fed: a good, fat chicken.
3.consisting of or containing fat; greasy; oily: fat gravy; fat meat.
4.profitable, as an office: a fat job on the city commission.
5.affording good opportunities, especially for gain: a fat business contract.
 

 
 FAT
( reference from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fat )

Fats are a wide group of compounds that are generally soluble in organic solvents and generally insoluble in water. Chemically, fats are triglycerides: triesters of glycerol and any of several fatty acids. Fats may be either solid or liquid at room temperature, depending on their structure and composition. Although the words "oils", "fats", and "lipids" are all used to refer to fats, in reality, fat is a subset of lipid.[1] "Oils" is usually used to refer to fats that are liquids at normal room temperature, while "fats" is usually used to refer to fats that are solids at normal room temperature. "Lipids" is used to refer to both liquid and solid fats, along with other related substances, usually in a medical or biochemical context, which are not soluble in water. The word "oil" is also used for any substance that does not mix with water and has a greasy feel, such as petroleum (crude oil), heating oil, and essential oils, regardless of its chemical structure.[2]
 
 
NOW, kindly do not misterpret my words. I am not encouraging that obesity is okay neither am I saying that we all can be fat. What I am trying to address here is that the word FAT does not mean that you are ugly and lazy. This word has been abused and to make things worse, people use it too easily and get too upset by it. I DO UNDERSTAND that I am one of the most fortunate girl in the world for I have many support both slim and fat girls community to support me. But from the way I see, I get love and support from them because of who I am, my character and personality. I am loved despite me being fat because they could see the genuine side of me. And honestly, I have NEVER been called UGLY, simply because I am not. 


Most of us plus size girls that I know ( I dare say 99 percent of plus size girls that I know personally and customers as well ) are super duper nice. Heart that is MADE of pure gold, personality that is 100 percent sweet. their facial features are so gorgeous. Sad to say, because of the 'F' word that they have been called has made most of them turn into a shy and aloof inidividual. I am addressing the 'F' word today, simple because I did my research and found NO evidence to show that the definition of being fat is ugly and lazy. I honestly think that we should start rethinking and reevaluate our own self on how you define yourself to be. I have made my point and I hope you girls can see where I am coming from and before I head off to work, let me show you more images that I found from various websites. (images gotten from google)






I hope that if anyone of you reads this post irregardless whether you are big or slim, old or young, men or women. As long you have friends who is plus size and have self-esteem issues, kindly share this post to them. Let them understand that they are much more special than they think they are. The shouldnt let a silly 'F' word determine how they should live their life. 

I want to also remind you:



I am kayde and I am a plus size blogger
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment