Monday 15 July 2013

KAYLENE's first trip to NEW YORK to showcase her designs in FFFweek 2013! (Part3)


Woah~ its really a crazy busy week for us! Am at home and finally could update you girls on the fashion show we went a couple of weeks ago! YES girlies, you heard us right! KAYLENE is very honoured to be able to represent Singapore to showcase our collection in NEW YORK CITY! ok, pictures are from turnerfamilyportraits.com (we have emailed to request the purchase of the photos)
Now let me tell you more about the collections...

We have 4 collections for this showcase, they are Pleats Pleease, Origami, Retrospectif and Rocking Royale. During the initial sketch out for the collection, I wanted to make sure that my collection will be a twist from present, inspired but the past. I was so inspired by Twiggy, Mary Quant, Victoria Beckam and all things from 1950s-1970s. I wanted to play with colours and I wanted to make sure the end results are wearable not overly couture-ish and most importantly fresh to any fashion forward ladies...


Collection from Pleats Pleease (photo credits from turnerfamilyportraits.com, purchase of images pending)







Collection from Origami (photo credits from turnerfamilyportraits.com, purchase of images pending) 






Collection from Retrospectif (photo credits from turnerfamilyportraits.com, purchase of images pending) 






Collection from Rocking Royale (photo credits from turnerfamilyportraits.com, purchase of images pending) 






When we were doing the fitting for the models, my emotions were really haywired. I was so worried that the clothes won't fit! I was so stressed! BUt thanks to my factory, the boss gave me good idea and advice implementing some ideas to the outfits. The models are fab too! They are very professtional, pretty and very accomodating. It feels very warms and fuzzy when they compliments KAYLENE's designs and mentioned that they are unconventional and unique. Am very glad that they love the designs as much as we do.

These collections may look really simple but they are relatively hard to make! The concept was to make sure the designs look simple and yet has our signature elements to it. Along the way, there were so many hiccups and a couple of times we were that close to pull our hairs! But glad we pull through and did well! so many walked up to me, grab my hands and told me how much they appreciate our designs and also they now know that Singapore has plus size designers who can come up with pretty pieces! Organizors from this event also love our collections and a lady from London even suggested us going to London to showcase our work in next years event! Bloggers were so nice to us! They are actually reknown bloggers in their countries and so sweet of them to help us spread KAYLENE to their own home. 

In short, Mr Ling the team and I were very glad we made it to USA-New York. We had pushed ourselves so hard and the effort was paid off. Are you proud of KAYLENE like the people from other countries? Are you proud that you can own KAYLENE pieces and that the girls from USA, Australia, Germany etc are so envious of? 

Thankk you for making KAYLENE to where she is today, if not, KAYLENE will not be able to plant Singapore flag to USA and made known to other countries as well. I also would like to take this opportunity to thank FFFweek and GWEN DAVOE (CEO of FFFweek) for selecting KAYLENE. Thank you my friends and customers for rooting us and sending us words of encouragements and while we are in New York. Thank you, my family for supporting me and encouraging me to take on this 'bold leap of faith' 

I LOVE YOU ALL and THANK YOU FOR LOVING ME

XOXO
K


No comments:

Post a Comment