Wednesday 3 July 2013

KAYLENE's first trip to NEW YORK to showcase her designs in FFFweek 2013! (Part1)


Yes! We are finally back and will start photo bombing and give you girls the insights of the whole week in NYC and FFFweek 2013. It was really fabulous and definitely a milestone for KAYLENE to be part of the show. As there are way too many images of upload, I decided to do into different parts for easy reading!

Alrighty! Here goes!!

We arrived in NYC with heavy heads as we were still trying to adjust to the time difference. It was exactly 12 hours difference hence at 4pm when we got into our apartments, it was literally 4am in Singapore. The flight was really long~~ 26hours (or 23?) and it was terrible! I was very proud of myself for surviving the trip as my previous flight from Paris to Singapore was 16hours and I nearly died.. But I guess we were all very excited and filled with so much anticipation that we brushed off the lethargy and aching pains on our backs and started dolling up for the event.

The first event we attended was diamonds and denim night where it was the official opening night for FFFweek. For me, I was really nervous as I did not know anyone. But my stylist and manager did extremely well, they blended in and before we know it, the girls started asking for my namecards and telling me how much they heard about us even before we arrived and that they are looking forward to seeing our collection on the runway. I was overwhelmed with their sincerity and very quickly, i made some new 'boo'


We also met some of our models like Nicole and Keri who were at the event and they were so warm! Their smiles were genuine and I was really very impressed with the organizers giving me really good models to walk for the runway. Before I know it, I bummed into a really vivacious lady and many of you will immediately scream once I mention her name. Yes, I met Marie Denee! She is well known even in Asia as a blogger and it was really cool to get to speak to her. She is really sweet and so glad we managed to catch up with her. 
Me and Mr Ling were resting our feet before MORE full figured lady came to say hi to us~~

As we settled into the location, we spotted a lady who wore a T shirts that says "BOSS" I knew right away that she is the lady whom I have been liasing with, she is THE lady who created FFFweek! Woot!! Miss Gwen Davoe! She was so warm and screamed 'Singapore!!!!" when we met and I will never forget the warmth exuding from within her. She is really a fine lady whom I deeply respect. (yeah~ i know she is really tall and pretty eh? I look so kid standing beside her..pfft)
We also met Heather from Lane Bryant and Dora L from Curvy Couture. AMAZING PEOPLE man... They are so sweet and we had a good time chatting with them. It was as though we have met previously! There was no akwardness or any of sorts!


Pris with Marie Denee below

Me with my awsome 2 out of 12 models
During that night we met a lot of cute bloggers and told us how much they love our clothes. They kept asking if there is any ways we can ship it to USA, Australia, Canada, Paris, Germany... I can faint just by listening to them as they were so excited about our collection! I felt so blessed that our designs are actually very well liked by the westerners...
Group shot taken with Nikki P, another famous blogger. She is one COOOOOOL lady....

the night ended and we had to go back and snooze. More events coming up and we had to stay focus and refreshed. There will be more post on FFF week hence stay tune ladies!!!

xoxo
K



No comments:

Post a Comment